News Room / Environmental, Social and Governance
At Gneiss Energy, we take our commitment to ESG seriously
We are committed to the principles of the Paris
Agreement and the importance of taking all necessary
steps to play our part in mitigating the impact of climate change.
In our day to day business activities, we support our clients as they navigate the Energy Transition and aspire to achieving their own ESG / Net Zero ambitions.
We have offset out historical CO2 emissions and will continue to do so as we meet our commitment to be carbon negative by 2022
at Loch Ness
We have invested in Highland Carbon’s Loch Ness Afforestation Project – the planting of indigenous woodland in an area close to Loch Ness, which will eventually provide more than 20 000 tCO2 offsetting capacity We have offset 101 tonnes of scope 3 CO2 emissions by investing in this project
Tonnes of historical CO2 emissions offset
Renewable energy in our Edinburgh office
Our investment in 161 tCO2 offsets means that we are already a carbon neutral organisation.
In addition. we have taken the following additional steps to further reduce our carbon footprint;
- Our energy supplier Octopus Energy supplies our Edinburgh office with 100% renewable energy
- Our hybrid working model maximises the use of technology to minimise unnecessary business travel
- Our newly refurbished London office boasts Category A refurbishment, low energy LED lighting, recycling points throughout and bike racks to encourage sustainable travel to the office
GNEISS ENERGY TAKES SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY SERIOUSLY.
We take our social responsibility seriously too:
- We encourage our team to make better use of sustainable and environmentally friendly modes of transport through our Cycle to Work and Electric Vehicle Car Schemes
- Our refurbished office space provides room for our team to work, break out and play
- Through our longstanding relationship with the University of Dundee, we provide ongoing student mentorship and sponsorship
- Together with our sister company, Acasta Risk we sponsor prizes for MSc students:
- We participate in the Robertson Scholars programme, in partnership with the Robertson Trust, The programme helps to give Scottish students from challenging backgrounds access to a university education by providing financial support throughout their degree
- In addition, Managing Director Jon Fitzpatrick provides mentoring input as part of the Leadership Plus programme; which helps young people achieve their ambitions by providing support and quidance to undergraduates.
- Our involvement in the Love Dougalston project is helping to protect a much loved green space and ancient woodland to the north of Scotland’s largest city
- Gneiss Energy is proud to sponsor the Scottish Energy Forum a national forum for the presentation and discussion of views on the economic, industrial, technological and political aspects of all forms of energy, giving members the chance to hear briefings by specialists of international standing and to benefit from networking with others from a range of energy-related enterprises.